Assistant Superintendent I
This position reports to the Manager of Power and Recovery and has the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safety, quality, and reliability of two (2) Kraft Recovery Boilers, two (2) Evaporator trains, two (2) Recaust lines, and two (2) Lime Kilns.
- Leads in safety by being involved in safety throughout the mill (mill health and safety committee, sub-committees, etc…)
- Long range planning for the operating area (continuous improvement, succession planning, training, etc…)
- Capital requirements for the area
- Optimization of the process
- Process balance to determine maximum tons produced
- Review of unscheduled downtime to identify and eliminate top issues
- Lead assistant superintendent, operations/reliability coordinator, and supervisors (conduct PMP’s, mentor, and set expectations).
- Delegation of authority for area manager
- Lead support for weekend duty/evening call
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred with a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Strong knowledge of equipment/process systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to set high goals or standards of performances for self and others
- An advanced level of knowledge is needed in safety steam/power operation, and water treatment.
- A solid working knowledge of design engineering, maintenance planning, budget administration and preparation, waste control, chemical formulation
- A solid knowledge of environmental and governmental compliance laws.
This job requires a demonstrated ability to manage by influence, work with a group as a team member and the capacity to lead by example while ensuring employee accountability to all department requirements. It requires self-motivation to meet commitments, complete difficult assignments, and a willingness to resolve issues.