Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
Utilizing technical knowledge and leadership skills, the Reliability Manager will direct the plant reliability organization to safely and effectively deliver services that meet DPC standards and exceed customer expectations. The Reliability Manager will ensure all plant assets are properly maintained through execution of required corrective and preventive maintenance activities. Managing the development of supervisors and technical resources will assist in the Manager’s efforts to increase equipment effectiveness through reliability and operational efficiency improvements. This role will also be accountable for site infrastructure. The Reliability Manager is the owner of the Asset Care process, and will follow the process roadmap to advance plant capabilities in all elements of the Asset Care process.
· Optimize mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance (PM/PdM) activity based on equipment histories, available technologies, and production requirements. Monitor PM activity to ensure compliance and adherence to quality standards.
· Manage the development of all reliability organization team members, ensuring training plans are developed and executed based on performance gaps and organizational capabilities.
· Maintain P&L responsibility over specified maintenance cost centers covering labor, materials and services utilized to maintain plant assets.
· Provide troubleshooting assistance including necessary resource identification as the downtime escalation process dictates.
· Serve as the site owner of the work order management and downtime reporting systems, monitoring utilization and ensuring escalation for system reliability issues that impede effective utilization.
· Serve as the Asset Care Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Champion, ensuring immediate and qualitative activity resulting from triggered and/or assigned incident analyses.
· Lead the mechanical and electrical supervision to attain acceptable allocation of technicians and craftspeople as evidenced in the work order management system.
· Work with the maintenance planner to drive proactivity through direct involvement in a weekly scheduling process of planned maintenance activity.
· Partner with operations leadership to continuously expand the autonomous maintenance capabilities of production team members. Audit work performed against defined standards to ensure timeliness and quality of work.
· Monitor overall Asset Care process effectiveness through formal monthly reviews of key performance indicators and annual process element auditing. Assign and monitor corrective actions to close gaps between actual and desired performances.
· Lead assigned focused improvement teams to drive performance improvements through ‘bad actor’ eliminations.
· Direct the storeroom team to achieve established goals in inventory value (turns), cycle count accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
· Serve as a member of the Delaware Leadership Team.
- Ability to build and leverage positive cross-functional partnerships to identify gaps and implement reliability maintenance best practices.
- Thinks & acts strategically: keeps the mission & values at the forefront through daily and long term decision-making
- Gets to the root of problems quickly and drives solutions to conclusion through training (people development), process (control & audits), and systems (documentation).
- Demonstrates consistent initiative, sense of urgency, humility, and relentless pursuit of success.
- Skilled at the use and implementation of continuous improvement/Lean tools
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and to lead cross-functional teams to achieve plant reliability goals
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years in a technical leadership capacity.
- Experience driving plant efficiency through development of effective and efficient maintenance processes and systems.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) experience.
- Experience working in a high speed, process driven absorbent hygiene or similar environment.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Leader (CRL).
- Six Sigma Greenbelt.
- Computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Machine automation and material handling systems.
- Certification in predictive technologies (vibration, infrared, ultrasonic, oil analysis).
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.