Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
The Reliability Engineer provides technical assistance and support to the maintenance and operation teams of his/her assigned areas while ensuring safe practices are being adhered to. This position requires an engaged individual who is looking for an opportunity to build, contribute and advance our organization. This is a critical part of the improvement plan for the Espanola Mill. This position is responsible to perform reliability engineering analysis and project and construction management for maintenance improvement projects for the Espanola Mill in accordance with all applicable codes and company standards. The position is responsible for all aspects of maintenance project development and implementation (with a strong focus on reliability) from scope development, through design, tendering, construction, and ultimately close-out of activities. The role will also be heavily involved with the continual improvement of standards and specifications for the operation.
- Monitor, identify improvements and facilitate changes to the equipment inspection program in their assigned areas through troubleshooting, problem-solving and innovation.
- Essential Care and Condition Monitoring (ECCM) Systems Owner - Designs and monitors assets for equipment health.
- Asset Strategy Development (ASD) – Develops Routes based on Asset Criticalities.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - Uses Root Cause Tools to eliminate repeat failures.
- Works with Lubrication Technicians, Vibration Technicians, and Preventative Maintenance Technicians to ensure that equipment is monitored correctly and the right work is completed at the right time.
- Identifies reoccurring equipment issues that negatively impact on safety, environment and production targets.
- Decides on the appropriate tools and/or methods to address the resolution of equipment issues.
- Changes mill equipment maintenance specifications and performance standards.Lead maintenance and reliability based projects utilizing appropriate tools, provide detailed scope development, design input and direction, development of tender packages and selection criteria, project management of execution, and stewardship of close-out activities for all approved projects with respect to specifications, work methods, resource requirements, materials, and established deadlines and ensure that all produced designs are in accordance with established safety and environmental policies and procedures to prevent impact to employees, the business, the environment, and the community. Provide tangible ownership for all projects from development to close-out.
- Work closely with operations and maintenance to ensure that all design and construction meets mill requirements for operability, maintainability, and reliability while remaining as cost efficient as possible.
- In collaboration with maintenance and operations leadership, ensure that all Management of Change requirements are adhered to as part of execution of work.
- Continually improve design specifications and standards in accordance with codes as well as company and industry standards to improve the efficiency and quality of future designs.
- Interface with maintenance personnel on a regular basis to ensure that equipment data, spares requirements, and procedures and documentation are modified as necessary as a result of additions, deletions or modifications to the plant processes or configuration.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Team, Technical Services, and Operations on maintenance projects to perform all project work efficiently with minimal disruption to production operations.
Position reports to the Reliability Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Reliability Engineering Experience in a complex industrial environment.
- Knowledge of pulp mill processes is a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams and individuals, both internal and external as well as the ability to work independently with self-discipline and rigor as required.
- A results focused, critical thinking, and detail-oriented individual with proven problem solving skills.
- The ability to analyze, prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively is critical to the role.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines and guidelines.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Project or Primavera, and MS Office suite. Knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset.
- Strong ability to safely manage contractors and other unionized workgroups.
- Understanding of Ontario Health and Safety regulations for industrial and construction sites, with advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background check, health assessment and drug and alcohol testing.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.