Mechanical Technician - Millwright
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations is currently seeking an individual to become a permanent, full-time employee as part of our multi-skilled maintenance teams while contributing to our ongoing success. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent recreational, fishing and outdoor activities.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- A valid Ontario Journeypersons certificate or Interprovincial “Red Seal” Industrial Mechanical Millwright Certificate.
- A positive work attitude and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with respect to safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Solid computer skills and experience with electronic work orders.
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, your responsibilities include:
- Performing mechanical repairs to machinery and plant support systems, including all rotating and stationary equipment.
- Working with preventative maintenance programs and documenting accurate maintenance records.
- Working with a wide array of precision tools, including computerized alignment equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret machine drawings.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter, resume and copy of certification, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.