Domtar’s Brownsville Converting location currently has openings for Machine Operator positions.
- Focus on safety and quality
- Operate machinery that converts fine paper rolls into cut-size paper
- Prep paper rolls for the machine
- Operate and clean machinery
- Utilize cutting tools to remove packaging and create machine splices
- General housekeeping and other duties as needed.
- Physical lifting is a requirement in this role
HOURS: This is a 24/7 operation. Employees work 12-hour rotating shifts (7am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am) 3 to 4 days/week.
WAGES: New hire rate is $17.99/hour to $20.08/hour plus applicable shift premium.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Past industrial experience and mechanical aptitude are helpful
- Solid work history
- Must successfully complete a selection process that includes aptitude test, structured board interview, reference/background verification, fit-for-duty test and drug screen.
- Medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Enhanced 401K with company match and automatic contributions
- Paid vacation after 6 months
- 12 paid holidays annually
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.