Engineer, Process Control
Domtar Paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America, has an opening for a Process Control Engineer in our Johnsonburg, PA mill.
The Process Control Engineer will provide technical support for the needs of the business. This support includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide primary support for Mill DCS control systems software and hardware reliability.
- Perform project software design and programming for capital, maintenance and process optimization.
- Updates loop and elementary drawings.
- Programs, supports and maintains PI System and assist with troubleshooting and improving mill PLC systems.
- Assists Operations & Maintenance in troubleshooting and improving process controls systems.
- Develop and execute the electrical aspects of capital projects and outage assignments as directed.
The Process Control Engineer’s responsibility is to maintain and improve the reliability of our process control systems by eliminating production limiting failures, maintaining and improving our assets. The Process Control Engineer will partner with operating, maintenance, and engineering and mill leaders to optimize mill control systems.
- AS Degree in Technical or Engineering Field with at least four years of experience related to this position, or ten years of technical electrical experience applicable to the role.
- Experience with distributed control & PLC controls
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- ABB distributed control programming, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- ControlLogix programming, maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Electrical project engineering experience designing and installing electrical systems.
- Experience managing capital projects
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.