Job DescriptionThe Maintenance Planner is responsible for the overall Work Order Job Planning of maintenance activities required for maintaining and repairing all assets in their respective area by ensuring the most effective and efficient job plans are available for the executors.
- Provide detailed planning of work orders including task planning, parts and materials requirements, precision maintenance requirements, safety precautions, special tools/equipment and estimated times to complete tasks
- Actively participates in the weekly scheduling of work orders
- Maintains information from completed work orders to analyze results
- Works with the OMC, as needed. to manage the Mill's Forelog and Backlog to fit within the guidelines of the One Domtar Planning and Scheduling standard
- Creates stock issue requires (SIRs) and/or requisitions as needed
- Participates in shutdown meetings with the OMC and others as they are scheduled
- Controls spending by maintaining a checkbook of the spending against budget, and supplies budgeted numbers against planned spending each week during the Scheduling Meeting
- Supports maintenance process including the creation of new preventative maintenance plans in SAP
- Create and maintain functional locations and equipment and bill of materials in SAP
- Administer requisitions and service entries in SAP
- Provide weekend coverage of all mill maintenance operations as scheduled
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of industrial equipment and components such as pumps, motors, bearings, refrigeration systems, compressors, piping systems, etc.
- Strong computer skills, both SAP and Microsoft applications
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership, management, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 3-5 years maintenance journeyperson experience or BS in engineering or associates degree in maintenance related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.