Wood Procurement Intern
Wood Procurement Intern
Domtar Paper Company
The Domtar Plymouth, NC Mill is seeking a 2024 Summer Intern to join our Wood Procurement team. The internship runs during the summer, typically from May to mid-August. Exact start and end dates will be established.
Reporting to the Woodyard and Wood Procurement Manager, the Wood Procurement Intern will work with the Woodyard and Wood Procurement team as well as have an assigned mentor who will manage the intern’s daily workload and projects.
Key Focus Area/Accountabilities
- Work alongside assigned mentor to grow and learn in the Wood Procurement field.
- Assist in the purchase of roundwood.
- Participate in landowner and public outreach.
- Support and aid in logging audits.
- Act as a point of contact for assigned wood suppliers.
- Effectively communicate with vendors as requested.
- Participate in intern activities, volunteer opportunities, and field trips, as scheduled.
Key Skill Sets:
- Must be a rising, junior or senior majoring in Forestry. Sophomores may be considered depending on previous experience.
- Good communicator in both written and verbal formats, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting. Not afraid to ask questions.
- Self-sufficient, results driven and quick learner and detailed oriented.
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail with proven responsibility for multiple, multi-touch initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Please Note Before Applying:
- This role is for current students pursing a bachelor’s degree in forestry. This is not for students pursuing an Associates or Masters.
- There is a housing allowance of $500 per month that will be paid out after the student begins working with Domtar Plymouth. The manager of the internship program will assist in finding housing if the candidate requests it.
- This position is non-exempt.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and pre-employment paperwork.
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Working conditions include some computer focused work but the candidate will also be required to spend a lot of time out in the field wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (mill will provide PPE).
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.