Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible and accountable for providing strategic leadership for all aspects of the Maintenance Department and team, including Maintenance, Reliability and E/I/Controls. As a member of the Mill leadership team, you will be responsible for developing short, intermediate, and long-term strategies for improving the critical elements of the maintenance operations.
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective management of the overall maintenance and reliability processes and activities to maximize equipment reliability and assets preservation.
- Ensure that all maintenance work (planned and unplanned) is implemented on time, on budget and meets the stated objectives.
- Lead Preventive, Predictive and Reliable Manufacturing Processes which follow the One Domtar Standards. Participate in the One Domtar Reliability Functional Team to support continuous improvement of the One Domtar Standards.
- Lead and develop the Maintenance and Reliability teams; Ensure that the Maintenance department continuously collaborates with the Operating departments.
- Manage/control maintenance cost to achieve target results while ensuring budgets are prepared, met and variances explained with appropriate action taken as required
- Manage the Mill’s CMMS optimizing spare parts/materials inventory and maintenance work to minimize unplanned downtime and operating cost as well as ensuring the MRO inventory meets proper Working Capital standards as defined by Domtar.
- Lead the continuous improvement of key performance indicators to increase asset life and department budget cost effectiveness
- Lead and perform necessary root cause analysis on asset failures and implement identified actions to improve manufacturing reliability
- Demonstrate success in leading change and driving improvement
- Be accountable for all Mill asset outcomes
- Incumbent must possess an Engineering degree or equivalent experience leading maintenance and reliability improvement in an industrial environment managing personnel, safety, costs, reliability and continuous improvement or a minimum of 15 years of successful maintenance management/leadership in a complex manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 15 years of related industry experience in increasingly responsible maintenance management/leadership positions
Critical Competencies for Success
- Well-developed and demonstrated leadership skills in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent
- Strong technical knowledge of pulp and paper making process
- Demonstrated success implementing & optimizing reliability maintenance systems and processes
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and facility systems
- Proven leadership skills that include ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance (salaried and hourly), ability to work in a team environment actively promoting collaboration, teamwork and effective conflict resolution
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently; experience developing and managing budgets to maximize asset reliability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.