Global Insights Category Manager
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
The role of Global Baby Insights, Lead will develop consumer and market insights for Baby Category function across the organization globally and will work in partnership across the business to develop and execute best in class consumer and market research.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
Insight Lead will be responsible for utilizing primary and secondary research to develop a deep understanding of the consumer/shopper/product/markets/competition to help inform initiatives and priorities and facilitate the speed and accuracy of decision-making overall and therefore DPC volume and profit growth.
The following areas are not exhaustive: Category trends, Competition news, Users and Shopper trends, Channel trends (Healthcare, Retail and Internet), Technologies trends.
Design and roll out market researches and customer/consumer/shopper insights process
- Execute best in class market research at global level. Defining, leading, analysing and communicating research projects and will act as a passionate advocate for the consumer.
- Determine agencies and suppliers of information (local or global)
- Helps to guide category decisions by delivering category/customer performance analysis
- Part of strategic planning process and help set agenda on innovation priorities
Builds strategic relationships with both internal and external functions Marketing, Category, BI, product design and development, Sales and market research agencies. In special this position will work closely with Insights lead, Global Adult Inco to align ways of workings and common processes around insights globally. Both category leads will balance workloads for effectiveness and efficiency.
Develops customer specific insight decks (commercial, sociodemographic, economics, etc.), dashboards and support with ad-hoc analysis and presentations.
Ensures appropriate knowledge and information management by leveraging and managing the SharePoint.
- Customer, consumer & Shopper Insight and Researches
- Competitive & market and trends
- Ad hoc analysis, reports & presentations
- University degree in Business Administration / Marketing / Statistics degree
- +5 years’ experience in market intelligence, both from customer & consumer in a multinational company (FMCG) or Healthcare sector (OTC)
- 100% Fluent in English
- Other languages as Spanish, German or French will be appreciated
- Master degree in Business Administration or Sales & Marketing.
- World-in class in the latest research methodologies
- Master in Statistical and datamining tools (i.e. Clementine) or Data base manager
- Master in Dasboard tools (Microstrategy, Qlick, Tableau, etc.) and Office tools is highly recommended
- Healthcare and Retail (FMCG) experience is highly recommended
- CatMan & shopper background recommended
Critical Competencies for Success:
- High affinity to figures, its interpretation, trends. Able to understand the full picture as well as to understand details
- Real passion for innovative thinking and asking why. Excellent analytical skills
- Good experience in panel research tools (Nielsen retail and consumer panels) as well being familiar with qualitative and quantitative research
- Proactive insight identification areas
- Highly motivated, autonomous spirit
- Organizational skills to prioritize and manage work loads
- Good communicator and networking skills capable to work with interdisciplinary teams of Sales & Marketing people
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.