ERP Release Analyst
Position title: ERP Release Analyst
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. Domtar’s annual sales are approximately $3.7 billion, and its common stock is traded on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges.
With approximately 6,600 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Your role as ERP Release Analyst Improvement will primarily consist in working in conjunctions with application managers, operation teams and project teams. You will be responsible to coordinate: releases, refreshes, archiving and ensure documentation is updated and available.
You will be subject master expert for testing application working with the project managers, managing Project Requests and Documentation, performing Project configuration/maintenance, and participate in tool upgrade/patching (tests).
You will play an active part ensuring Audit controls are complying, ensuring documentation is updated and available.
- Prepare / support releases:
- Release preparation, verification
- Schedule and host release meetings
- Control Release quality (Review release transports, documentation, impacts, controls, cutover)
- Coordinate release dates with different stakeholders, identify conflicts among various releases (Operational and Projects)
- Review project release strategy
- Approve changes as member of the CCC (Change Control Committee)
- Review security changes - documentation - on demand
- Validate governance is applied
- ERP and associated Environment Refreshes
- Prepare, maintain, communicate and post release and refresh calendar
- Coordinate refresh dates with different stakeholders to meet demand from various releases / projects
- Refresh Coordinator Role with Basis/ Functional Analyst / Verification (for refreshes and refresh issues)
- ITGC Ownership and record keeping
- Maintenance Security/Business/ IT Approvers
- Maintenance R14 Governance Document
- Maintain reference documentation on Domtar / IT portal
- In Microfocus QC / HP ALM (HPQC)
- Owner of HPQC
- Coordinate and initiate HPQC upgrade to latest version
- Manage Project Request and Documentation for various projects
- Project configuration/maintenance
- SME tester for upgrade-patching
- HP ALM Approver for patching / server changes
- HP ALM Admin
- Archiving coordination, reports review and contact for the supplier
- Coordinator for some Application/ Basis projects
- Tableau SME for all IT reports/view; testers for changes/manage change request from other COE IT teams
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- A strong IT background required
- SAP ECC Experience
- General Functional knowledge of SAP Master Data, SD, PM-MM, FICO, SCM, BW modules
- Technical SAP Knowledge – ABAP, SAP Clients, dictionary, tables, SPRO
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle experience
- 3-4 years in release coordination position or project lead
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- 8-10 years of IT experience along with 10 years of SAP ECC experience preferred
- SharePoint Administration
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Lead to build consensus
- Able to work with various teams (Technical, functional, business)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English/French)
- Good at documentation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to perform the extra effort that makes the difference by performing follow up, taking ownership and helping others.
- HP ALM knowledge is a plus
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.