The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will provide advanced engineering expertise to solve problems and implement changes to mill operations, production, maintenance and quality by developing project scopes, cost estimates, designing, constructing, engineering, purchasing and modifying existing and/or installing new equipment or processes. The successful candidate will report to the Paper Maintenance Superintendent and will provide the paper department with maintenance engineering services.
- Provide engineering services to the maintenance function.
- Collaborate with operations, maintenance and planning teams to resolve equipment issues and plan work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain department infrastructure to appropriate standards and codes.
- Perform engineering evaluations and designs.
- Plan, organize and supervise contracted services to ensure compliance with company policies, governmental regulations, and facility operating and housekeeping standards.
- Provides engineering support to operations and maintenance personnel and management, including troubleshooting, background and historic information, replacement and repair of equipment to ensure best possible service from existing systems.
- Working closely with Area Manufacturing Superintendents, Maintenance Supervisors and Process Engineers to implement mill design changes and improvements.
- Analyzing and engineering-out repetitive mechanical problems.
- Preparing and coordinating maintenance shutdowns.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidate must possess at least 5 years of engineering experience in the pulp and paper industry, preferably on a large paper machine.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate maintenance, engineering & repair services.
- Excellent computer skills with computer-based maintenance software such as SAP, MS Office, etc.