Entry Level Production
Entry Level Production Operators
Domtar Paper Company, one of the most respected fiber and paper companies in the world, has Entry Level Production positions available at our Johnsonburg Mill.
The Johnsonburg Mill manufactures uncoated freesheet paper used by customers to create brochures, direct mail, stationery, checks, envelopes, and hardbound books. Johnsonburg is a leader in environmental management and is certified by accredited forestry organizations. We are recognized as one of the most technologically advanced paper mills in the world.
We offer a career for motivated and skilled individuals with a safety mindset to operate our state-of-the-art equipment and systems. Our career progression provides opportunities to grow and develop your skills in the pulp and paper-making manufacturing technologies while increasing your earnings.
New employees typically can earn an average of $70,000 per year after three years of service to the Johnsonburg Mill. Domtar offers competitive benefits including health and life insurance, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) with Company match, paid holidays, one week of vacation after 6 months and an additional week after 1 year of service, shift differential of a dollar per hour, and more.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career with a reputable Company and work with a dynamic team, then please apply online at www.domtar.com.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years full time work experience or post-secondary education
Other Job Requirements
- The Johnsonburg Mill is a heavy manufacturing environment, operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All production employees must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule -- 7 days and 7 nights per month including holidays, and weekends as designated by the Crew schedule.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safe work behaviors is a core principle and value that should never be compromised.
- Employees must have mechanical aptitude, basic computer and math skills, decision-making and communication skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Employees must be able to wear safety equipment, such as a hard hat, ear plugs, safety shoes, and safety glasses.
- Employees must be able to climb ladders and high stairways/catwalks and climbing/descending ladders (e.g., during lockout or operational trouble shooting).
- Other physical requirements include performing a range of motion in various positions. Walking and standing is required in an industrial setting for long periods of time.
- The job requires physical endurance and the ability to work in a hot and humid environment
- Employees must be willing and able to qualify to safely operate forklifts, lift trucks, and other motorized equipment.
The Domtar Johnsonburg Mill has “safety sensitive” duties in all Mill job classifications. The duties consist of:
- Working at heights greater than four feet from ground level.
- Use of chemicals in the paper process (chlorine, chlorine dioxide, sulfur compounds and sulfuric acid).
- Operation of heavy machinery including overhead cranes and industrial trucks.
- Massive weight and rolling of paper rolls.
- Lock out / tag out procedures.
Workplace safety is a critically important part of all jobs. This requires everyone in the company to adhere to the safety guidelines and policies in place. Carefully following appropriate safety guidelines can go a long way toward preventing workplace injuries. This is a responsibility Domtar takes very seriously in protecting the health and welfare of the employees and their coworkers.
The pre-employment process includes computer-based aptitude testing and selection panel interviews and requires candidates to pass background check and drug screening to qualify for employment.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and their amendments.
Domtar Paper Co. LLC is an EOE M/F/V/D
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.