Process Control Engineer
DOMTAR- ASHDOWN, AR OPERATIONS
Posting Date: June 11, 2021
Process Control Engineer
- Understand and actively promotes safety and takes personal responsibility to seek out at-risk behaviors and conditions to positively contribute to the overall goal of zero incidents.
- Demonstrate a commitment to provide the required support in achieving the mill’s goals around production and quality
- Must be able to read and interpret the following types of diagrams: piping and instrumentation (P&ID), electrical, process, instrumentation, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the area control strategies that improve mill safety, production, and reliability.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Continuous Improvement of all facets related to process control.
- Design and implement DCS logic in ABB 800xA, Provox or ABB Infi90 control systems. This includes: ABB Function Designer, ABB Control Builder, Provox structured text and ABB Infi90 block logic
- Support the production areas in troubleshooting process issues from the logic to the devices in the field.
- Review and manage system standards, control procedures, DCS architecture and control logic.
- Supervise the day to day activities of the union process control mechanic(s) assigned to the production area.
- Participate in the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Lead/Participate in mill projects that require the addition or modification of existing DCS/QCS controls. This could include: maintenance projects, mill engineering projects or corporate driven projects.
- Work closely with the mill IT group to support the Process Control Network (PCN) upkeep and expansion. This position will need to help design and implement any new PCN infrastructure that is required while maintaining our existing local and corporate standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common networking architecture and protocols.
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare: VSphere Client, virtual machines, and virtual networking
- Demonstrated experience with quality control systems such as: Basis weight, moisture, color, web inspection, metal detectors, etc.
- Support after hours process control issues as required. Will also be required to participate in weekend duty coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory/management role preferably in a pulp and paper facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or commensurate experience
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision making and strong communication skills
- Proven leader skills, fostering positive teamwork dynamic
The Process Control Engineer is responsible for managing all process control related activities in his or her area. The Process Control Engineer provides support to operating departments to minimize cost and optimize operations. This position also supports the quality control equipment and interacts with all departments within the mill.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply at www.Domtar.com/careers.
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.