Supervisor, Store I
Position Description – Rothschild Mill
Stores/Material Management Supervisor
Supervise and coordinate storeroom processes. Perform materials management and related procurement functions for the mill. Category management and analytical reporting for indirect spend and vendor managed programs (VMI) related to the storeroom. Support SAP material management processes.
- Responsible for storeroom crew supervision and safety.
- Conduct market research and lead cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing effective refurbishment processes such as VMI.
- Manage storeroom inventory levels through active maintenance of min/max levels.
- Identification of obsolete inventory and coordinate the disposition of the related assets.
- Provide advanced excel based analytical reporting for key initiatives.
- Conduct daily morning staff meetings to review key business initiatives.
- Act as the material master data maintainer.
- Handle parts returns and repairs to vendors.
- Provide support to ensure effectiveness of the end-to-end material master process flow.
- Assist maintenance planners, coordinators and engineers in work order placement/parts requisitioning.
Fulfills safety roles and responsibilities
Actively involved in safety initiatives
Builds positive relationships and commitment
Demonstrates consistent personal safe work practices
Works well across organizational boundaries
Holds people accountable for safe work practices
Focuses on vital few business priorities
Leads by example
Respected by co-workers
Achieves results/successes aligned with mill goals
Recognizes and initiates needed work without direction
Takes on difficult or unpopular assignments
Willing to cross boundaries to do the necessary work
Effectively uses time and resources to achieve results
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 5+ years of on the job experience in supply chain or inventory management.
- Working knowledge of SAP with preference to materials management, reporting and order placement.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting market research and conducting requests for proposals.
- Demonstrated advanced Microsoft Excel skills for reporting and data analysis.
- Demonstrated supervisor ability and experience.
- Knowledgeable in stores inventory management practices.
This description is a summary of the position and not all-inclusive of responsibilities. It is subject to change over time.