Domtar is currently seeking an Accountant/Financial Analyst for the Marlboro Paper Mill. The Marlboro Mill, which is located in Bennettsville, SC, produces approximately 900 tons/day of fine white paper and approximately 350 tons/day of bleached market pulp. Reporting to the Mill Controller, this role will provide professional accounting/ financial support for Domtar’s Marlboro Mill as well as other Finance leaders.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including posting journal entries, inventory movements and running cost allocations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for site’s full listing of asset and liability accounts.
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including profit and loss statement variance analysis.
- Provide audit support (internal and external).
- Serve as resource to update and maintain major inventory standard product costs.
- Maintain finished goods product costing system.
- Coordinate with sites for actual/forecast/budget results and analysis.
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
Key Skill Sets:
- Possess ability and track-record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent time management and organization skills to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail-oriented mindset.
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and seek opportunities to continuously improve processes.
- Ability to work overtime during critical times of month-end close, project delivery, etc.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables (examples may be requested during interview process).
- Experience working in ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.