Customer Care Representative
Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.
Based out of our office located in Mississauga, we have an immediate full- time opportunity available within the Customer Care department.
Customer Care Representative – Mississauga, Ontario
Are you a TEAM player, with a positive “remain cool under fire” attitude, a willingness to take on new initiatives and detailed oriented with strong organizational/multi-tasking skills? This opportunity may just be what you are looking for!
This entry level position is one that provides accurate, prompt service to customers and promotes increased sales. The position requires excellent social skills and a passion for assisting customers. Being detail-oriented, well organized and able to manage tasks with minimal supervision is important. You should be a collaborative individual who can work comfortably in a team environment. You will have the opportunity to learn about our industry, sales, marketing, operations, and administration, while honing your customer service skills. Ariva encourages the development and advancement of our employees. In the future there will be excellent career advancement opportunities in sales and marketing.
- Enter and process orders received through the warehouse as well as direct from vendors accurately and efficiently
- Follow-up and expedite with appropriate colleagues on all outstanding customer orders, answer logistic related inquiries and proactively contact customers with missed/late deliveries
- Maintaining accurate records of all customer transactions, providing efficient follow-ups and resolving outstanding customer orders or concerns with minimum supervision
- Quoting customers for volume and specialty product inquiries which may require negotiation of cost and resale prices, create purchase orders and releasing invoices
- Finding product based, service based and general customer inquiry solutions
- Maintaining high standards of telephone etiquette and promptness
- Liaising with other functional areas (warehouse, credit, procurement, sales, marketing etc.) to provide seamless service
- Attending product knowledge seminars and staying current on all company policies, business processes and integration with SAP
- Proactively develop new sales opportunities wherever possible
- Successful completion of a business or related degree or diploma, we welcome recent graduates
- Three or more years of business experience in a sales/customer service or call centre environment and interested in pursuing a sales career
- Desire to advance to a sales related position leading to outside sales
- Quick study, ability to “Get Things Done”
- Collaborative, team player with an upbeat and positive attitude
- A love for learning and a strong desire to “Figure It Out”
- Customer-oriented with strong communication skills (English written and spoken), have a strong work ethic, a team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work within a team or independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; experience with an SAP operating system is an asset
- Available to work between the hours of 8AM-6PM
- Respect for company values: Agile, Caring, Innovative
While we appreciate all the responses we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Domtar Inc. subscribes to an equal employment opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, aboriginals and disabled persons to submit an application.
Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.