Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Designer)
We are looking to add an experienced, self-motivated individual to our team as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Designer), responsible for a wide range and variety of industrial projects
If you are looking for a new opportunity to join a leading and successful company and be valued for your contributions, we encourage you to apply today! Submit (in confidence) your cover letter and resume including your qualifications and experience.
Description of responsibility includes one or many of the following:
- Prepare designs, drawings and specifications for custom projects
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to ensure functional, safe, economical, ergonomic and reliable designs.
- Utilize Computer Aided Design (CAD) system in the development of project deliverables.
- Perform site measurements
- Employs project management techniques to manage projects from concept through implementation.
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules, reports, and procurement specifications.
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology; or equivalent.
- Mechanical manufacturing drafting experience including process support equipment, piping, machine, structural and/or component design is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of computer aided design and drafting systems.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design and drafting: 5+ years
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Safe work environment
- Full range of employee benefits (group health insurance plan, dental, life and disability plans)
- Pension Plan
- Competitive wage package
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Kamloops