Customer Service Representative (Temporary - 12 months contract)
Position title: Customer Service Representative, Specialty Papers (temporary - 12 months contract)
Reports to: Supervisor, Customer Service
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The Domtar Specialty Papers Group is responsible for selling and marketing specialized paper products to a diverse range of large, well established paper converters. The paper segments we serve include food packaging, medical packaging, industrial papers and light weight printing papers (Bibles, Pharma and Financial).
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service, you will provide excellent service to an established set of specific customers and will address all issues relevant to ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Accurately and efficiently receive and process monthly customer orders and requests;
- Address all issues relevant to the customer’s requirements;
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of Domtar Specialty Business including customers, market segments, products, mill capabilities, etc.;
- Provide accurate effective and efficient communication (written and verbal) to customers, sales and supervisor on all aspects of customer activity;
- Monitor and communicate customer machine blocks, production delays and/or stocking programs to necessary individuals;
- Interface with various departments within Domtar (planning, traffic, mill, etc.);
- Work closely with fellow CSR’s to ensure all customers’ needs are met while maintaining a high degree of professionalism with both external and internal customers.
- Strong communication and decision making skills;
- Good business writing skills (E-mail);
- Team player with initiative;
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task;
- Minimum 3 years’ customer service experience, preferably in a business manufacturing environment;
- College or University Degree or the equivalent job related experience;
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of SAP is an asset).
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Competitive compensation;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions
- Excellent West Ottawa location (Carlingwood mall – second floor) with free parking, YMCA and 100+ stores directly below the office.