Wood Procurement Forester
Domtar is currently seeking a Wood Procurement Forester for the Marlboro Paper Mill located in Bennettsville, SC. This position reports to the Wood Procurement Manager is is responsible for maintaining quality, costs, and volume of fiber purchased from wood suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, building, and maintaining positive supplier-customer relationships while enhancing wood quality and forest certification programs.
- Purchase and manage residual material (sawmill by products such as chips and fuel wood)
- Purchase and manage pulpwood deliveries from suppliers
- Monitor pulpwood (pulpwood inspections) and chip quality (samples) and address issues with suppliers
- Stay abreast of overall market conditions through supplier and logger visits.
- Work with suppliers daily, evaluating tracts to ensure the mill receives the highest quality product
- Actively participate in professional associates
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- BS Degree in Forestry
- Minimum 5 years experience in wood procurement
- Experience with wood acquisition and inventory management system(s)
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- Certified or Registered Forester preferred
- South Carolina or North Carolina Logger Training preferred
Key Competencies (skills, knowledge and expertise):
- Strong computer skills required (specifically in Word and Excel)
- Negotiating skills