Electrical Engineer - Entry
Domtar is seeking recent college graduates with a focus in Electrical Engineering interested in growth development and sophisticated project assignments to join our team!
This position is located at our Johnsonburg Mill, in Johnsonburg, PA. The Entry Level Engineer (ELE) primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: Promoting Safety, Reliability Improvements, Project Oversight, and Team Leadership. The Johnsonburg Paper Mill manufactures different grades of paper including Husky, Lynx, and Xerocopy.
As an Entry Level Engineer, you will be part of a team that shapes the future of innovation in the Pulp and Paper industry. Our Entry Level Engineers enter the workforce and immediately begin to impact the organization by helping us bring world-class innovation to market and design our next generation of amazing products that people touch every day.
You’ll become fully integrated into our mill, working directly with executives and management with an assigned mentor to maximize your growth and development. During this time, our Entry Level Engineers will receive a comprehensive orientation to Domtar, full exposure to the mill, and work closely with operations and engineering in various functional units within the facility on project intake, scope, design, documentation, and rollouts. We have rotational programs set-up, providing entry level engineers the opportunity to rotate throughout the pulp, paper, and power sectors.
Career advancement exists in operations, maintenance, quality assurance, product development, wastewater treatment, environmental and safety operations. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Be a role model for Safety by promoting a safe work environment and by engaging in safety initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance to the Production areas through reliability and project work.
- Interface with outside technical resources and suppliers to initiate cost reduction, equipment enhancements, and process improvement.
- Build positive relationships with the hourly workforce.
- Develop supervisory skills and take on increasing levels of supervisor responsibilities.
- Industrial process familiarity and experience which demonstrates process troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving abilities
- BS Electrical Engineering (or EET)
- Strong technical proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products
- Strong communication and organization skills
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.