Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort
We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
The Demand Analyst position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Analyst creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data).
The Demand Analyst is the integration point into the sales and the commercial organization. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Document, influence, and utilize customer replenishment systems, to maintain target inventory levels, and other logistical aspects to compile best-in-class demand and replenishment plans.
- Provide key contribution to periodic account review meetings as part of the S&OP process.
- Participate in Customer presentations and visits to develop business relationships, and continuous process improvement objectives.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field required or 5 years of applicable experience.
- Minimal related work experience (1-2 years)
- Supply Chain or Finance.
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan tactically and long term
- Expertise in Excel and planning software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented work habits
- Assertiveness and ability to manage priorities while handling multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining a highly courteous and professional attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of their time
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.