Domtar’s Brownsville Converting location currently has openings for Machine Operator positions.
JOB DUTIES: While maintaining focus on safety and quality, employee will operate machinery that converts fine paper rolls into cut-size paper. Essential duties are prepping paper rolls for the machine, operate and clean machinery, utilize cutting tools to remove packaging and creating machine splices, general housekeeping and other duties as needed. Physical lifting is a requirement in this role.
HOURS: This is a 24/7 operation. Employees work 12-hour rotating shifts (7am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am) 3 to 4 days/week.
WAGES: New hire rate is $18.99 plus applicable shift premium and opportunity for overtime.
- Must have a School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Must read, write, and understand English.
- Must be willing and able to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation, including working 12-hour rotating shifts (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am). Upon being placed on a crew, you will work a Dupont schedule which includes a 7-day “long off” each month. Overtime opportunities are encouraged for continuous training and filling unscheduled shift vacancies.
- Industrial experience preferred; must have worked full or part-time for two years within the last four years.
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills; basic computer and communication skills.
- Must proactively support efforts to assure a culture of safety excellence.
- Able to frequently lift up to 30 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Enhanced 401K with company match and automatic contributions
- Paid vacation after 6 months
- 12 paid holidays annually
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.