Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, which manages the Trout Lake and Wabigoon sustainable forest licenses with combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is seeking an individual to join our Forestlands Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Sustainable Forest License Team Lead and working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will be to provide forest management planning support on Sustainable Forest License areas to ensure a sustained supply of wood.
- Provide annual reporting, annual work schedule plan preparation and forest management plan maintenance for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Indigenous Communities, MNNR, tourist outfitters, trappers and other stakeholders and local communities on or adjacent to SFL areas.
- Working with operations and silviculture foresters, you will ensure that information databases and Geographic Information System (GIS) spatial information is complete and accurate.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the maintenance of our environmental management systems and certification standards.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory compliance audits and certification audits.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree and be a registered professional forester or be eligible to apply for RPF status in Ontario.
- Experience in Forest Management Planning in Ontario is an asset.
- A team player who is results focused and a continual learner.
- Solid functional skills with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, by October 18, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. CDT.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.