Who is Domtar?
We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of products including communication papers, specialty paper and packaging papers and absorbent hygiene products. We operate the following business segments: Pulp and Paper and Personal Care. We had revenues of $5.1 Billion in 2018; approximately 18% was from our Personal Care segment.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort.
We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer performs engineering duties in planning, designing and supervising installation of electrical industrial controls equipment. The engineer will lead multi-functional teams in the implementation of assigned engineering projects. Performs general electrical troubleshooting and downtime support to maintenance and operations teams.
- Implement software and hardware changes necessitated by product changes, new machines, or technology
- Analyze waste, quality and downtime data to set priorities for improvement of plant systems
- Provide documentation updates and training for maintenance and operations with regard to the changes to and upkeep of plant electrical control systems
- Provide support to the maintenance team as needed in all areas of the plant operations
- Assume responsibilities for the electrical portion of a project from start to finish, including scope definition, cost estimates, design, implementation schedule, and installation support
- Must be able to prioritize projects and be capable of completing multiple job tasks concurrently
- Must be able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Engineering Degree (BSEE or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3-5 years engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Experience with PLC logic, industrial communication networks, adjustable speed motor controls, feedback control systems, three phase equipment, and positioning servo drive systems
- Working knowledge of vision system technology, especially camera based inspection systems and programming software
- Strong background in project management
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Maintenance and Project experience with high speed converting equipment
- A background in plant electrical and mechanical systems
- A basic knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment and systems
- A basic knowledge of analytical troubleshooting
- Maintenance support experience
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.