Sr. Change Leader - ERP Implementation
Sr. Change Leader – ERP Implementation
Employment Status: Contract, Contract-to-hire, or Full-Time employment considered
The Sr. Change Leader – ERP Implementation (Change Leader) is responsible for leading large-scale, transformational change initiatives for Domtar. Reporting directly to the Project Leader, the Change Leader will act as the lead change practitioner for a large scale multi-site ERP Implementation (SAP/S4), and will be involved in other initiatives that result from this effort. Other initiatives may include (but are not limited to) efficiency and effectiveness initiatives; organizational restructurings; organizational capabilities development; rebuilding trust initiative; and culture change. The Change Leader will partner in development and utilization of common tools and processes to help equip leaders in leading organizational change and ensure successful change adoption on identified initiatives. The Change Leader will work within a matrix organization with other HR business partners, HR leaders and executive leaders to positively affect business performance by accelerating change initiatives. Travel within the U.S. and Canada is required.
As a team player, this role plays a key part in:
- Building change programs through communication, training, and engagement, that will equip leaders and the HR organization to manage current and future challenges
- Developing individual and organizational capabilities that drive business results
- Enabling a nimble organization that can adapt and innovate
- Creating a workplace where team members have an emotional connection and commitment with Domtar and feel included, valued, and supported
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as lead change practitioner for a large scale multi-site ERP Implementation (SAP/S4), and other related transformational change efforts, including but not limited to efficiency and effectiveness initiatives; organizational restructurings; organizational capabilities development; culture change.
Conduct root cause analysis and utilizes change tools to align work and evaluate impacts of key initiatives.
Partner with leaders to develop, facilitate and implement plans that enable successful transition to desired future state; may facilitate leadership team interventions
Drive culture change through influencing shifts in mindsets and behaviors
Coach executives and members of leadership teams to help them fulfill the role of change sponsor
- Develop and deploy a change management strategy that ensures integration and consistency with our dynamic culture and its business goals.
- Leverage and deploy common change management and organizational principles to ensure a Domtar common language and approach to change management, including how to integrate people, processes, organization design, and mindsets as a result of change initiatives
- Use advanced consulting skills to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders providing expertise and direction regarding change management, to drive sustainable, transformational business results, while building HR, leader, and organizational change capability.
- Ensure alignment and integration of change practices across the team to ensure successful change management is included in Organizational design interventions.
- Partner with key third party partners to support critical change initiatives if needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field
- 6+ years of change management experience related to ERP implementations (preferably with SAP), and/or similar large scale technology change/organization change efforts.
- Ability to travel to U.S. and Canadian mills as need (may be anywhere from 25% - 75%).
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Experience building partnerships, consulting, influencing and negotiating with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers to gain commitment and accomplish business goals
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Ability to execute and make timely and independent judgment decisions while balancing multiple priorities in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple SAP versions up to and including S4
- A Master's degree or higher in human resources, organization development, or related field
- Change management and/or project management certification
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing organization is highly preferred
- Strategic planning experience translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives enterprise-wide