Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
Reporting to the Manager of Purchasing, the successful candidate will provide timely and economical purchases of all assigned goods and services required by the Espanola Mill through negotiations, contracts and cost reduction with prospective suppliers.
- Securing commodities such as chemicals and raw materials, maintenance and operational materials.
- Ensuring the mill secures commodities at the most competitive price.
- Organize and process site business transactions (i.e. day to day buying).
- Coordinate mill procurement priorities/impacts, delivery and volumes as required by corporate and local contracts at the mill.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for commodities.
- Add value and contribute to profitability on a continual basis.
- Maintain, optimize and reduce inventory levels as necessary.
- This position will be responsible for supporting the objectives of the different departments at the Espanola Mill to assist them in meeting their efficiency efforts and needs.
- Diploma in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 5+ years of experience in a purchasing role in an industrial environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with accreditation as a Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP/SCMP) or will have successfully completed the PMAC Certification in Purchasing. Candidates without this accreditation will be expected to obtain it within a mutually agreed time.
- Knowledge and operational understanding of Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes, equipment and general business environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP procurement would be preferred.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively, and obtain credibility using best practices, with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Must be a well-organized and detail-oriented team player who takes initiative and works well under pressure.
- Proficiency with computers and CMMS systems are a must.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Product knowledge/pricing strategies would be a definite asset.
- The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, discipline and organizational skills, be self-motivated and possess a confident and skillful negotiating manner.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background checks and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To apply for this opportunity – please submit your resume to the Human Resources Department at: ResumesESP@domtar.com.