Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking an Electrician to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- Have a working knowledge of the principles of operation and installation/maintenance practices of Instrumentation, Electronic, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Install, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot complex electronic / electrical systems and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Install software and hardware, maintain and troubleshoot complex electronic / electrical systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Be familiar with processes and basic process control theory in order to enable the use of troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand in detail Electrical schematics, logic and wiring diagrams, electronic circuit drawings, and electronic system drawings and revise such drawings as required.
- Communicate well and deal professionally with all levels of contacts (internal and external).
- Help in the training of Automation (Electrical Apprentice) personnel as required.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all safety and environmental procedures, especially those related to specialized electrical equipment.
- Work on low and medium voltage electrical equipment and power systems
- Graduate of a recognized technical school with Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma.
- Must have a 442A Industrial Electrician or 309A Construction & Maintenance certificate of qualification.
- Preferably in Pulp & Paper industry or in an industrial environment would be an asset.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities with installation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex electrical power systems.
- Ability to work independently on shift with little assistance at a Technician level.
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with various departments and individuals (internal and external).
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills – ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Individual must be results focused and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge/proficiency with common computer applications such as MS Office with the ability to learn specific applications used by the organization. Working knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pulp and Paper industry is a definite asset.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interview, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.