Maintenance & Engineering Superintendent
Reporting to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for all activities related to the plant maintenance function, including, but not limited to: department safe work practices, equipment and facilities maintenance, business process execution, maintenance planning and scheduling, reliability initiatives and improvements.
Key Job Duties Include:
- Promotes a strong safety culture and demonstrates adherence to all Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead maintenance and reliability improvement efforts. Primarily responsible for improvements in maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution.
- Develop training plans for maintenance staff and crafts to continually improve skillsets.
- Maintain technician certification requirements for condition based maintenance and precision maintenance processes.
- Identify and support resources to participate in root cause analysis, design for reliability reviews and defect elimination processes.
- Accountable for providing short and medium term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Coordinates activities between the safety, engineering, and maintenance, environmental and operating departments to ensure maximum performance.
- Provide leadership and direction to the plant maintenance department responsible for the site asset care, maintenance & process optimization.
- Facilitate improvements in precision maintenance practices to ensure asset life is maximized
- Facilitate and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Lead major mill outage planning processes from the role of Outage Coordinator
- Assist Maintenance and Engineering Manager in developing department budgets
- Meet or exceed plant business plan and KPI’s.
- Possess a technical degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing engineer, process engineer, product engineer, plant engineering, maintenance and reliability, manufacturing operations, supply chain, quality, and/or EHS
- Five (5) years’ experience in a site/facility plant engineering role
- Professional reliability credentials such as: Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP), Certified Reliability Leader (CRL)
- Experience with reliability analysis, predictive (PdM) and preventative maintenance (PM) programs
- Previous expanded manufacturing leadership experience (Product Manager/Supv, Supply Chain Manager/Supv, Quality Manager/Supv) • LSS Black Belt certification
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.