Sr. Mechanical Project Engineer
Domtar is currently looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer for the softwood Kraft pulp mill located in Kamloops, B.C. The successful candidate will report to the facility engineering manager.
The primary responsibility for this position will be managing and executing mill capital projects. Other responsibilities will include maintenance, and reliability engineering assignments which will involve:
- Working closely with Area Manufacturing Superintendents, Maintenance Supervisors and Process Engineers to implement mill design changes and improvements.
- Analysing and engineering-out repetitive mechanical problems.
- Preparing and co-ordinating maintenance shutdowns.
- Supervising the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with all company policies, governmental regulations, and facility operating and housekeeping standards.
Required Technical attributes:
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent and eligible for registration with The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an industrial environment managing capital projects (engineering and construction) from $1,000,000 to $100,000,000 in size.
Desired technical attributes:
- Pulp and Paper Experience.
- Experience in Front End Loading and Staged Gated Work Processes for Capital Appropriation.
- Knowledge and experience with ASME Boiler/Pressure Vessel Code and API standards.
Desired non-technical attributes:
- Team player, strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work across organizational boundaries; strong organizational skills; self-starter; strong personal initiative and follow-through.