Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We are driven to improve quality of life, how we do things is equally important as what we do and we are constantly looking for ways to be better. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career.
The Kamloops Pulp Mill is currently recruiting for a FIBRE MANAGER
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing, building and maintaining positive supplier-customer relationships while enhancing wood quality and forest certification programs. The Fiber Manager is responsible for managing the cost, quality and volume of fiber purchased from wood suppliers as well as able to effectively respond and manage change in a dynamic supply chain.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Purchase and manage residual material, including transportation (sawmill by products such as chips and fuel wood);
- Negotiate wood supply, establishing pricing and delivery terms;
- Provide strategic guidance to whole log chipper regarding pulp log pricing;
- Monitor chip quality (samples) and address issues with suppliers;
- Monitor chip moisture sampling system;
- Stay abreast of overall market conditions;
- Work within budget framework to establish cost\volume goals and forecasts;
- Work with suppliers daily, to ensure the mill receives fibre quality as specified in the purchase contracts;
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities in safety, fibre costs, quality and other areas that impact our operation;
- Actively participate in professional and Forestry Industry associations
- Manage fibre certification requirements regarding Chain of Custody, Controlled Wood and Forest Management credit transfer;
- Manage fibre related aspects of ISO certification at the Mill.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience
- BS Degree in Forestry;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in wood procurement;
- Experience with wood acquisition and inventory management system(s);
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong Negotiating Skills;
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment;
- A safety-oriented mindset with the desire to enforce and follow mill safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experience
- Registered Professional Forester preferred
This mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Close to 90,000 people reside in this beautiful community. The City called “Tournament Capital of Canada” is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.