Coordinator, HR Operations
Position title: Coordinator, HR Operations
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Manager, Domtar Employee Service Center
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The Domtar Employee Service Center (DESC) reports to the HR Operations Department, whose mission is to provide flexible and responsive centralized human resources operational support to all of the Human Resources teams and employees within the Pulp & Paper Division. This includes managing employees’ life cycle, organizational management and issue resolution, while effectively communicating and exceeding customers’ expectations.
Reporting to the Manager, Domtar Employee Service Center, your role as Coordinator, HR Operations, will consist of providing routine administrative and transactional support in a timely and effective manner as per Domtar’s quality procedures and standards for HR teams across the company.
- Create and revise processes and systems change requests (SRQ) for the HR Administrative Center (HR Admin Center);
- Coordinate testing tasks related to SRQs;
- Supports administrative staff by providing information and/or guidelines;
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information, identifying and communicating solutions;
- Understand the organizational structures in the different HR Information Systems to support HR teams and Org Admin staff;
- Maintain operations work documents of the HR Admin Center such as: Administrative guidelines, procedures, forms, controls and contact lists;
- Execute compliance, operational audits, data analytics and complex HR administration activities on a day-to-day basis;
- Support COEs in their annual audit activities by providing required HR documentation;
- In collaboration with other departments, coordinate administrative activities for any special activities such as: Mass termination, mass mailing/emailing, closure of a facility or a machine, United Way, etc.;
- Verify and approve requests made to have access to the HR systems used at Domtar;
- Assist the transactional team in peak periods by performing transactional activities in the systems.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment ;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related business field
- Minimum of 2 years’ of related experience;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel and Word;
- Knowledge with SharePoint and SAP is an asset.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.