Operations Forester - Silviculture
OPERATIONS FORESTER - SILVICULTURE
Domtar Inc., Dryden Pulp Mill Operations annually utilizes 1.8 million m3 of conifer fibre and manages the Trout Lake and Wabigoon Forest Sustainable Forest Licenses with a combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares. We are seeking an individual to join our Forestlands team in a silvicultural role. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent recreational, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Operations Team Lead and working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will be to provide leadership in the implementation of Domtar’s safety, forest stewardship, production, and quality standards for Domtar’s Silviculture responsibilities on the Trout Lake Forest.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with the Trout Lake Forest Planning Team to develop Silviculture planning on the Trout Lake Forest.
- Participate in the budgeting process as well the development of Annual Work Schedules (AWS) and Annual Reports (AR).
- Plan, implement and supervise Domtar’s contract Silviculture operations to ensure compliance with the Trout Lake Forest Management Plan and Domtar’s Safety and Environmental Management System policies.
- Complete Forest Operations Inspection Program (FOIP) reports on all Silviculture activities
- Liaise with the MNRF on the Silviculture planning and operations.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Certified in FOIP inspection and eligible to apply for membership with OPFA.
- Solid operational skills and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety, professional ethics, environmental values and results.
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities and are a team player with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of forestry industry, government, resource users and community members.
If you are interested in an opportunity to be a key team member in an exemplary organization that provides career growth opportunities, consider joining our Team. Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package. Please apply online and attach your resume, in confidence, by Friday September 11th at 3:00 p.m. CDT.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.