Graphic & Digital Designer
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Manager, Creative & Brand
Domtar Paper is seeking a creative, forward-thinking Graphic & Digital Designer that thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced, multi-brand, highly collaborative environment. Domtar, which has been recognized as a “Great Place To Work®” is looking for a full-time key addition to our in-house design team with the ability to create engaging designs for both print and digital that push boundaries, generate responses and inspire loyalty for Domtar Paper products and services in the marketplace.
- Ensure use and integrity of Domtar Paper logos/imagery is protected in a consistent manner through adherence to the Domtar Paper brand standards
- Assist other members of the creative team in developing and optimizing workflow processes
- Brainstorm, develop and execute creative ideas and concepts for the design of print documents, packaging and delivery of sales collateral, proposals and presentation deliverables; Develop creative options based on marketing goals and objectives
- Accurately prepare and setup creative files and materials for printing and ensure the print quality of all collateral pieces and imagery are at the highest standard
- Understand, research and implement brand standards for Domtar Paper
- Stay abreast, implement and leverage graphic design/print/paper industry trends and best practices
- Help lead creative strategy and start-to-finish delivery of digital applications for digital marketing initiatives that include (but may not be limited to) email, social media, websites and video that demonstrate outstanding user experience, elegant design aesthetics and pixel-perfect execution, mindful of both concept and strategy
- Reskinning of assets, templates and proposed digital marketing materials
- Interpretation and development of storyboards for digital projects
- Management of digital files created, maintained and used for reoccurring content
- Experience working with digital asset management tools
- Stay abreast, implement and leverage digital design trends, best practices and emerging technologies
- Assist other members of the creative team in the creation of packaging renderings using Esko software
Key Skill Sets:
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and offer them proactively, both in writing and in person
- Strong organizational and communication skills in order to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders and manage time, workflow and schedule in order to meet strict and often aggressive deadlines with consistent quality performance.
- Must balance working on large, high-profile projects with smaller quick-turn jobs.
- Demonstrate collaborative authority, enthusiasm, composure and confidence during presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Must have ability to articulate reasons behind important design decisions while also being able to give and take constructive feedback
- Ability to problem-solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints
- Must have a problem-solving mentality when working closely with stakeholders and appreciating how content relates to your design work
- Ability to assist with and execute last minute changes to documents, collateral and presentations
- Collaborative spirit; must be comfortable working as part of a team and as an individual contributor, leading when necessary but also taking direction when required.
Required Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- BA, BFA from accredited university or school of design
- 5-7+ years of graphic design experience working in a corporate or agency environment (corporate environment preferred)
- Understanding of web design, development and implementation (CSS, JS, React...)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premier), Keynote and the full Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong understanding of Macs and PCs and cross-utilization
- Experience in web, social and digital ad platforms
- Platform experience such as Wordpress, Drupal, WP Engine Marketing Automation Tools, Google
Preferred Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- HTML proficiency a plus
- Salesforce and Pardot experience a plus
- 3D rendering experience a plus
- Video creation and editing experience a plus
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.