Engineer, Electrical Project
Electrical Project Engineer
Domtar Paper Company is North America’s largest producer of uncoated freesheet paper. Situated near the Allegheny National Forest, the Johnsonburg Mill is a key asset in the Domtar portfolio playing a vital role in the company’s strategic plan. Although Johnsonburg Mill has been in operation for over 125 years, this fully-integrated paper mill has undergone a complete modernization in the early 1990’s with a $600 million investment. The mill is well positioned for the future.
Johnsonburg, in the heart of Elk County, offers fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities like kayaking, hiking, and skiing. The small town charm can be found in nearby cities like St Marys, Ridgway, and Kane that offer locally owned restaurants and quaint shops. Johnsonburg Mill is located between Buffalo, NY and Pittsburgh, PA for those who enjoy activities like sporting events or major concerts.
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and provide the facility with electrical engineering and large project management services.
- Collaborate with Mill Operations and Maintenance by providing detailed project cost estimates, budgets and equipment installation designs.
- Implement projects by organizing resources, leading contractors, maintenance employees, inspectors and regulators.
- Analyze equipment, power systems and control systems. Provide solutions to correct issues and improve processes.
- Adhere to and enforce safety, environmental and other company policies.
- Candidate must possess a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or BSEET)
- Minimum of 4 years of industrial engineering experience
- Candidate must have a strong desire to execute capital projects and improve control systems in an industrial setting.
- The candidate must have strong working knowledge of personal computer systems and related software or ability to advance understanding of CAD, DCS and PLC controllers and software is essential.
- A strong commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental programs are essential.
- Good communication and presentation skills are essential.
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.