Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide world class, responsive service to Domtar’s stakeholders by delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations and systems of internal controls. The Internal Audit Department assists the Company with accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, business processes, internal controls, and governance processes.
Domtar’s Internal Audit Department consists of approximately 20 employees and reports to the Audit Committee and on a dotted line basis to the Senior Vice-President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit, you will be part of a dynamic and committed team and actively participate in the Department’s activities. These activities include performing operational, financial, compliance and strategic audits, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, project assistance, special requests, and investigations.
This position is open to remote candidates.
- Plan audit mandates and identify internal controls to mitigate risks identified during planning.
- Comprehend and document business processes using flow charts and narratives.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls identified.
- Document the work performed and the results obtained.
- Identify, prioritize, and communicate, to business process owners, internal control deficiencies noted during testing and provide recommendations to remediate control deficiencies.
- Communicate progress and results of the audit to the business process owners and Department Management throughout the audit.
- Synthesize in writing through draft audit reports, the results, and findings of the audits in a concise and accurate manner which includes relevant, actionable recommendations to improve processes, systems, and controls.
- Perform ad hoc management and Department requests.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of management.
- Great team player with a collaborative approach.
- Professionalism and ability to exercise judgment and tact in dealing with others.
- Strong presentation skills accompanied by excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to express ideas in a simple, clear, and convincing manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and to quickly adapt to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to plan effectively and meet deadlines given.
- Ability to work in a structured and autonomous fashion.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Naturally curious and eager to learn new business processes, new systems, and new technologies.
- Available to travel (approximately 10-15% of the time) primarily within the United States and Canada (after the pandemic).
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Major in Accounting or in a related field.
- CPA certification is preferred (Canada or Unites States).
- CISA, CIA, CFE certification or other relevant designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of risks, internal controls, and financial statement assertions.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute data analytics during mandates.
- Basic understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements.
- Experience with testing of automated applications controls is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP, JDE, and audit command language (ACL) or similar data analytics software is an asset.
- Very strong oral and written skills in English.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.