The Environmental Manager provides leadership and direction for all environmental responsibilities at the Nekoosa Mill. The Environmental manager is a key member of the Mill leadership team and will report to the General Manager.
- Maintains, develops and implements Environmental Programs to ensure compliance with all applicable local, State and Federal regulations and corporate environmental policies. Ensure that proper documentation is developed, submitted and retained for any environmental required monitoring. Obtain appropriate regulatory approvals, as required.
- Maintains the mill’s Environmental Management System (EMS), including ISO certifications
- Supports the creation of a proactive Environmental team and strategy to ensure regulatory compliance, limit risk factors leading to environmental incidents and maximize environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Participates as a functional expert and resource for other locations as requested and aid in the development and implementation of Environmental policies, procedures, programs and audits.
- As a member of the Nekoosa Lead Team, you will be expected to build teamwork and collaboration across the departments in support of strategic Mill initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment, and independently
- Effective problem solving techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) to interact with regulatory agencies, mill management, operations employees.
- Strong work ethic, “hands-on” approach to work, willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing setting; Demonstrates consistent personal safe work practices
Required Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. Degree in science, engineering or environmental related fields or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience with progressive responsibility and experience in Environmental within a process-oriented, industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge in USEPA and State regulations
- Management experience with progressive responsibilities including successful staff leadership. Experience should be equivalent to or leading to a department head position.
- Demonstrate competency in relating complex procedural and technical problems in regulatory law and compliance procedures to operations, maintenance, and engineering to assure site compliance with Environmental regulations and meet business objectives.
- Manufacturing Operations experience.
- Experience in Kraft Pulping
- Expertise in Continuous Improvement
- Experience with FERC regulations