Position Summary: Maintenance planning and support of maintenance processes, department and mill goals. This position will fill-in for Supervisors as needed. The incumbent is expected to develop supervisory skills and progress to a supervisor/coordinator role in the future.
Work to meet the Safety, Environmental, Quality, Production and Cost goals of the department and mill.
- Plan for the safe and efficient execution of work orders by including safety requirements in the job plan, accurate estimating of labor, materials and duration of jobs as well as procuring required resources, equipment and materials.
- Process owner for shutdown plans to maintain/improve process reliability and safety.
- Process owner for accuracy of records in maintenance computer system.
- Responsible for maintenance material availability.
- Assist mechanics and maintenance coordinators for efficient operation.
- Manage projects and contractors as needed.
- Fill-in for Maintenance Supervisors.
- On-Call Coverage.
- Fulfills safety roles and responsibilities
- Actively involved in safety initiatives
- Builds positive relationships
- Demonstrates consistent personal safe work practices
- Works well across organizational boundaries
- Holds people accountable for safe work practices
- Focuses on vital few business priorities
- Meets commitments
- Recognize, participate, and drive maintenance process improvement activities. (training, other skill enhancements)
- Achieves results/successes aligned with mill goals
- Recognizes and initiates needed work without direction
- Takes on difficult or unpopular assignments
- Effectively uses time and resources to achieve results
- Willing to cross boundaries to do the necessary work
- 3 -5 years Maintenance Journeyperson experience or B.S. in engineering or associate degree in a maintenance related field.
- Knowledge of maintenance trades
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- The ability to understand prints
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with outside resources (vendors, contractors, sales, etc.)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.