Domtar is seeking an Environmental Engineer for the Technical Services Department at the Marlboro Paper Mill in Bennettsville, SC. The Marlboro Mill produces 900 tons/day of fine white and specialties papers and approximately 350 tons/day of market pulp. The Technical Services Department is responsible for the mill’s environmental programs and initiatives.
- Manage mill solid waste programs to include onsite landfill
- Manage mill’s recycling programs, hazardous waste program, and land application programs
- Communicate with plant personnel on compliance status and issues and serve as a resource to mill operations
- Complete required monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports with minimal supervision and on time
- Manage environmental consultants in your areas of responsibility
- Participate in on-going mill-wide EMS implementation
- Participate in Process Safety Management program
- Take mill-wide weekend environmental call (nominal four-week rotation)
- Be supportive of other environmental disciplines and mill programs (NPDES and air)
- BS in an environmental engineering field (ChE, CE, or Environmental Sciences) preferred
- Two years direct experience in environmental program management
- Verifiable experience in regulatory agency interface
- Experience with compliance verification programs
- Knowledge of solid waste and hazardous waste programs preferred
- SC Biological wastewater license a plus
- Knowledgeable of EMS, ISO 14001
- Versatile in all suites of Microsoft Office
- Be able to effectively work with all levels of mill staff, operating technicians to the Mill Manager.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.