Support the overall safety compliance program for the facility, including participating in implementation of safety initiatives and programs, record keeping , reporting and auditing.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Report to the Safety Manager
- Key LSI information into electronic tracking programs from card and paper entries
- Organize and manage safety records
- Review, revise and implement document management for safety related policies and procedures
- Participate in the weekly housekeeping audit program
- Summarize and track findings, by area, from weekly HK audits
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Central Safety Committee
- Participate in the quarterly verification audit process
- Provide safety lock services to new hires and current employees (as needed).
- Assist in New Hire and contractor orientations
- Help facilitate follow through in completing and documenting corrective actions for 2018 H&S audit findings.
- Develop and implement a hot work permitting process that is consistently applied mill-wide
- Have acquired or in the process of acquiring an associates or bachelor’s degree in a safety and/or industrial/manufacturing related field (a formal education toward a Bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- Effective and professional written and verbal skills
- Prior work experience in a safety and/or industrial/manufacturing related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work outside and spend significant time walking through manufacturing processes.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work while simultaneously managing multiple tasks