Senior Manager Business Support
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort
We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
- Leads and manages the Greenville Business Support team. Partners with the Commercialization team to ensure that business priorities and platform roadmaps are understood by the Business Support team, as well as the Site.
- The Business Support Manager is responsible for, the effective implementation and successful delivery of the product changes, cost savings, customer launches, and capital expenditures for the site. Champion process and people capability for launch excellence.
- Key user of the Project Process (Unitas), inclusive development, training and implementation.
- Member of the Site Leadership Team, assists the team in navigating obstacles; makes policy and decisions; debates with, and challenges the team; and, openly and professionally, provides his / her perspectives. Manages assigned projects and participates on teams to meet the site’s safety, people, cost, productivity, operational success, and project effectiveness goals.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Responsible to develop the Safety culture and lead changes to improve safety performance in the Greenville Plant
- Stop work when safety, quality or environmental regulations cannot be ensured.
- Security and safety responsibilities according to delegation.
- Ensure that work is conducted in accordance with company rules and procedures in safety, quality and environment.
- Minimize environmental impact in daily work.
- Report deviations in safety, quality and environment in the company’s RAF system.
- Personnel responsibility for all direct reporting employees – with support from HR:
- Manage employees, coordinate work tasks and responsibilities within the department.
- Responsible for the Employee lifecycle within department: Attraction, recruitment, onboarding, development, retention and separation.
- Ensure the right competence, evaluate performance in line with PMP process.
- Leadership that promotes wellbeing – Lead and inspire in a way that are including, promotes participation and creates opportunities for employees to work in a healthy work environment.
- To be a role model based on the company's values and policies.
- Actively work to achieve set goals.
- Authorization rights according to the delegation.
- Responsible for effective implementation of the product change process, capex execution and customer launches within the Greenville plant.
- Key voice of the customer and business within the Greenville plant leadership team and ensures the plant is aligned with business priorities.
- Works closely with Supply Chain to develop Greenville Project schedules and timelines.
- Provides Greenville Plant input into enterprise capital planning and owns the Greenville plant capex budget.
- Partners with platform teams to ensure operational constraints are understood and champions process capability for launch success.
- Partners with QA to ensure launch readiness through effective change control and BOM set up.
- Engineering degree with technical background
- Experience from Project Management Process
- Experience from running large Engineering projects.
- Experience from Manufacturing industry
- Strong Leadership skills
- Min 5 years’ experience of the Abs.Hygiene Industry
- Good understanding of AI and/or Abs. Hygiene Products and market
- Experience of Abs.Hygiene Machine Equipment and Design, as well as Process Understanding
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.