Process Engineer - Entry Level
Entry Level Process Engineer
Domtar Plymouth is seeking a recent college graduate with a focus in Paper Science and Chemical Engineering, interested in growth development and sophisticated project assignments to join our team!
As an Entry Level Engineer, you will be part of a team that shapes the future of innovation in the Pulp and Paper industry. Our Entry Level Engineer will enter the workforce and immediately begin to impact the organization by helping us bring world-class innovation to market and design our next generation of amazing products that people touch every day.
You’ll become fully integrated into our mill, working directly with executives and management with an assigned mentor to maximize your growth and development. During this time, our Entry Level Engineer will receive a comprehensive orientation to Domtar, full exposure to the mill, and work closely with operations and engineering in various functional units within the facility on project intake, scope, design, documentation, and rollouts. The ELE will also work as substitute shift supervisors to help gain the hands-on leadership skills needed to aid in future advancement. Advancement or rotation into other areas of the mill are supported and encouraged to provide a well-rounded exposure to the entire pulp and paper making process.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Lead a mill trial to include: writing the trial plan, project coordination, data analysis, documentation of findings, recapping results to management and providing innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Lead engineering projects.
- Manage an operating area’s crew.
- Relief shift supervisor
- Participation in engineering safety project teams.
- Must be a recent graduate from an accredited degree program. Desired majors include Paper Science Engineering and Chemical Engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical writing and presentation skills.
- CAD experience preferred but not required.
- Relevant internship or co-op preferred.
- Interest in the pulp and paper industry and building a developmental career with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.