ERP Business Systems Planner
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
The ERP Business Systems Planner (BSP) will be responsible for delivering and supporting Oracle and related application lifecycle projects for Operations, Service, and reporting functions.
The ERP BSP will partner with end users to understand their business functions and processes as well as define, develop, configure and test software solutions meeting the needs of Supply Chain.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Analyze and document business practices for Demand Planning, Manufacturing, Service and Operation, and implement business process improvements using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design and process optimization not only in Oracle but in tandem with retail and supply chain planning products / applications – performs mass maintenance to retail / supply chain applications.
- Run out timings and consolidations of reducing down to minimal remnants during exits.
- Create/execute Dashboards and customer analytics via MiniTab for monthly Executive review sessions.
- Assist in inventory demand spike research when needed.
- Research production system issues, resolve user problems and escalate when necessary.
- Perform application and process-specific training activities to educate technical and non-technical users of the solutions you configure and support.
- Document system configurations and system application test protocols, in support of quality compliance validation.
- Perform hands-on configuration of Oracle modules to meet business requirements and design.
- 4-year degree in Business or related field
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience
- Prefer 7+ years experience supporting Enterprise Applications in an IT/IS Department or 5+ years hands-on experience implementing Oracle.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Experienced with Demand Planning, Material Requirement Planning, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing Scheduling, Cost Management, & Oracle Order Management
- Experienced with Improving supplier programs, establishing robust processes, statistical forecasting and strategic supplier management
- Experienced with minimizing raw material and transportation costs
- Experienced reading and writing basic SQL queries to manipulate data in Oracle.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and related processes.
- Experienced with implementing and supporting enterprise software on premise is required (cloud preferred, but not required)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.