Sr HR Generalist
The Senior HR Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager in supporting mill needs. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: with an emphasis on labor relations, training, employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Act as an adviser to managers on our 2 labor contracts and handle labor relations issues with employees.
- Take a hands-on approach to managing the day-to-day operational aspects of HR with a focus on labor relations and including position management, staffing/planning, headcount activity and turnover.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate, help drive various corporate and site initiatives.
- Maintain close contact with the leadership team to ensure alignment with corporate and site goals/mission
- Manage specific projects as determined in the HR planning process and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Act as an adviser and coach to managers and employees providing Human Resources expertise in implementing business initiatives and promoting employee engagement.
- Facilitate recruitment tasks as needed
- Drive people processes to ensure that employee capabilities meet current and future standard
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in organizational development, training, human resources or related field
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Labor Relations experience in a union environment required
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and negotiation skills