Sr HR Generalist
The Senior HR Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager in supporting mill needs. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: with an emphasis on labor relations, training, employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Act as an adviser to managers on our 2 labor contracts and handle labor relations issues with employees.
- Take a hands-on approach to managing the day-to-day operational aspects of HR with a focus on labor relations and including position management, staffing/planning, headcount activity and turnover.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate, help drive various corporate and site initiatives.
- Maintain close contact with the leadership team to ensure alignment with corporate and site goals/mission
- Manage specific projects as determined in the HR planning process and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Act as an adviser and coach to managers and employees providing Human Resources expertise in implementing business initiatives and promoting employee engagement.
- Facilitate recruitment tasks as needed
- Drive people processes to ensure that employee capabilities meet current and future standard
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in organizational development, training, human resources or related field
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Labor Relations experience in a union environment required
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and negotiation skills
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.