Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
The Reliability Engineer provides technical assistance and support to the maintenance and operation teams of his/her assigned areas while ensuring safe practices are being adhered to.
- Monitor, identify improvements and facilitate changes to the equipment inspection program in their assigned areas through troubleshooting, problem-solving and innovation.
- Essential Care and Condition Monitoring (ECCM) Systems Owner - Designs and monitors assets for equipment health.
- Asset Strategy Development (ASD) – Develops Routes based on Asset Criticalities.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - Uses Root Cause Tools to eliminate repeat failures.
- Works with Lubrication Technicians, Vibration Technicians, and Preventative Maintenance Technicians to ensure that equipment is monitored correctly and the right work is completed at the right time.
- Identifies reoccurring equipment issues that negatively impact on safety, environment and production targets.
- Decides on the appropriate tools and/or methods to address the resolution of equipment issues.
- Changes mill equipment maintenance specifications and performance standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Reliability Engineering Experience in industrial field
- Knowledge of paper mill processes and Espanola grade structure is a definite asset
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices
- The ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments and individuals (internal and external)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and time management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Results focused and detail-oriented
- Excellent computer skills - working knowledge of SAP would be an asset
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background checks and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.