Domtar Paper Company, LLC is looking to fill the role of a Maintenance Technician at their Rock Hill facility. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our maintenance team helping to attain safety, process reliability, and cost goals in all aspects of the site.
Domtar designs, manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. To learn more about Domtar, visit www.domtar.com.
HOURS: We operate on three shifts: 1st Shift (7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.); 2nd Shift (3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.; 3rd Shift (11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.). This position will require temporary or permanent assignment to 2nd or 3rd shift. Standard days of operation are Monday-Friday.
- Must be a “hands on" maintenance person
- Mechanical ability including troubleshooting abilities on paper converting machines
- Use DVM and other tools to diagnose electrical issues
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Trouble shooting PLC’s
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication abilities for interactions with employees, management, vendors, and contractors.
- Ability to provide support and coaching to production employees
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner
- Will be required to complete or “test out” of self-paced general maintenance training in specific time frame.
- High school diploma or GED required
- English, written and spoken, is required
- Demonstrates a safe work record, are familiar with OSHA regulations, knowledge of electrical safety including arc flash, and have locout/tagout experience
- Exhibits good electrical skills; technical degree in electronics or electromechanical is preferential
- Known for your mechanical and electrical abilities
- External candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in maintenance
- Understanding of PLC’s, preferably proficient with ladder logic particularly old /new Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Must successfully complete a selection process that includes aptitude test, structure-board interview, reference/background verification, fit-for-duty test and drug screen.
- A modern and safe work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Insurance plans (BCBS Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401K with employer match
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-supported development and continuing education
- Employee driven Wellness and Safety Program
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled, 41 CFR 60–1.4”
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.