Reliability E/I Engineer
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of mill reliability processes within the area of assigned responsibility. The engineer will help to define and participate in the development of reliability processes to improve maintenance and reliability of machinery in a fully integrated pulp and paper mill. This includes providing technical direction, assistance, and solutions to maintenance and operating personnel.
The Reliability Engineer will provide support for the needs of the business in the maintenance reliability function. This support includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Identify & implement improvements in process & equipment reliability across the Mill by working closely with operations & maintenance personnel.
- Provide maintenance engineering, technical assistance & reliability leadership/support.
- Coordinate & supervise both Mill & contract personnel as needed.
- Serve as a key interface for electrical Reliability improvement by reviewing equipment history & performing failure cause analysis.
- Review existing preventive maintenance processes for value to the maintenance effort & propose changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the assets.
- Guide efforts to maintain and/or improve reliability of plant equipment and processes.
- Define, develop, administer and refine the equipment asset care, condition monitoring and preventative maintenance programs.
- Support Maintenance teams: Help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required; precision maintenance direction; Failure Elimination, RCFE Facilitation.
- Execute outage work/projects as assigned
The Reliability Engineer’s responsibility is to maintain and improve the reliability of our manufacturing operations by eliminating production limiting failures from our process and increase the life of our assets. The reliability engineer will partner with operating, maintenance, engineering, purchasing and mill leaders to realize improved reliability in all process areas.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering(T) required
- Minimum of 4 years of industrial engineering experience
- Rotating equipment troubleshooting aptitude
- Understanding of electrical systems and motor design/failure modes
- Some Experience in utilizing reliability systems, methods and processes
- Knowledgeable in using SAP PM Applications or ability to learn
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact at all organizational levels
- Be highly motivated, innovative and results oriented
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.