Relief Shift Supervisor, Paper
RELIEF SHIFT SUPERVISOR, PAPER
Reporting to the Manager, Paper Machines & Technical, the candidate will lead, coach and direct the hourly workforce to ensure that key performance indicators are met in the areas of safety, environment, quality, customer satisfaction, costs, productivity and human resources in the paper mill, stock prep and finishing areas. In addition, they will provide vacation relief to shift supervisors vacation schedules and handle shift issues and concerns to maintain safety, productivity, and quality at targeted levels. Work schedule consists of rotating four days on four days off 12 hour assignments, however vacation relief will have to work up to 8 days in a row possibly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide support, leadership and communication to crews and ensure expectations are being met with high regard to safety
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review employee performance, progress, and behavior; address issues and initiate corrective actions as necessary
- Ensure communication with employees on general and specific business information and company policies as required
- Actively promote, demonstrate and communicate Domtar’s set of values on a daily basis
- During non-vacation weeks the candidate will work on continuous improvement and process optimization projects.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a paper manufacturing environment or related industry
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safety work practices
- Well-developed and demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills in a unionized environment with focus on safety, production and maintenance
- Ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments and individuals (internal and external)
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiently learn and use computer programs
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.