Operating a machine that bales the scrap material from the production floor i.e. diapers, leg cutouts, cardboard, sap bags, plastic etc.
Remove scrap from the production floor.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED from an accredited school
- Prior experience in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to prioritize duties/projects and appropriately handle multiple job tasks.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills (where applicable for job expectation)
- Must be able to meet training requirements as outlined in Skills Matrix.
|· Keeps the baling area clean|
· Has good listening skills and can follow specific instructions and directions
· Knows and adheres to all safe practices
· Works constructively with other associates to solve problems
· Completes appropriate paperwork correctly and thoroughly (Balers daily bale log)
· Ensures that all bales are secured properly with the correct number of wires (at least 5)
· Ensures that all bales are marked properly (shift, date)
· Ensures that SAP bag bales are marked with the number of bags in the bale
· Ensures that cages are kept clear of scrap material
· Ensures that the production floor is kept clear of scrap material/diapers in a timely manner
· Communicates any problems that may occur with baling equipment, and does so in a timely manner to their leadership
· Able to train new balers
· Relieves stackers for breaks
· Performs all duties as assigned to them
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.