Senior Specialist, Learning & Development
The Senior Specialist, Learning & Development will work with various leaders and subject matter experts across the company’s locations to design/facilitate instructor-led and eLearning content as determined by leadership. The primary objectives of this position will be to lead the development and execution of learning programs including: developing and administering needs assessments, developing course content, instructionally designing instructor-led and eLearning training programs and courses and effectively facilitating leadership development sessions and other training sessions. This role will develop, manage and facilitate multiple development and training projects associated with core employee development and development programs, while demonstrating the desire to create innovative learning solutions for our environments.
The Senior Specialist, Learning & Development will provide guidance and information, via: building effective, long term relationships with employees at all levels, conducting needs assessments and developing course content blueprints and course materials and working closely with internal customers regarding recommended learning solutions. This role will also assist in developing curricula for site requirements and working with functional leaders to coordinate and manage assignments within the Learning Management System (LMS). Interested candidates shall have strong consulting and instructional design skills background that enables them to help determine, design, build and implement the best learning solutions for the needed performance outcomes.
- Strong analytical, relationship-building, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to apply these skills across all levels of the organization.
- Compile, prepare and present information for updates to management.
- Delivers and/or facilitates training solutions across all levels of the organization.
- Operational Excellence
- Analyzes and prioritizes training needs; identifies training objectives, develops new/enhances existing training programs and/or coordinates external training resources to meet identified training requirements.
- Applies instructional design and adult learning theory to propose solutions that are cost-effective, easy-to-create and maintain, visually and instructionally compelling and provide a rewarding experience for the learner.
- Develops instructor-led, eLearning and virtual learning solutions in a corporate environment.
- Utilizes instructional design concepts to build training content including manuals, job aids, and eLearning.
- Effectively develops training that enables knowledge transfer, while collaborating with SMEs and supports assessing, recommending, designing, developing and maintaining instructor-led and web-based training programs/materials to ensure the information is current, accurate, relevant and complete.
- Provides quality assurance for all instructional design processes and deliverables (e.g. accuracy in grammar and content, application of learning theory and sound instructional design principles, and use of appropriate templates and branding).
- Effectively facilitates instructor-led training efforts.
- Consults with internal customers on how to utilize internal learning to meet their developmental needs.
- Utilizes the LMS to publish eLearning’s, schedule ILT, track and report on training activities.
- Arranges training venues, instructors, materials, and equipment as needed.
- Utilizes the LMS to coordinate training; including creating user groups, dynamic learning assignments, curriculums and mapping key competencies as needed.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience consulting with clients to determine the best instructional solutions and/or strategies
- Strong analytical skills and timely decision making ability
- Results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and client satisfaction
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Instructional Systems Design, Adult Education or related field, or combination of education and experience
- 7+ years developing instructor-led, eLearning and virtual learning solutions in a corporate environment
- 5+ years proven, effective facilitation of leadership programs across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of Instructional design
- Demonstrated project leadership skills to manage complex projects and to develop innovative, creative ideas to address training related problems, concerns and programs
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate instructor-led workshops
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- Experience designing and developing in one or more eLearning authoring packages (e.g. Captivate, Lectora, Adobe, Articulate LearnLive, Adobe Connect, WebEx, APPs
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong ability to design professional quality facilitator and participant learning guides and associated aids
- Experience with a broad range of educational media, tools and techniques (eLearning design preferred)
- Previous project management experience/certification
- Experience working with multi-facility, global and/or manufacturing environments
- Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.